11.12.2009

Hello, fall. So nice to see you again.

I'm 100% sure that autumn is my favorite season of the year. Something about the colors. Something about the sky. Something about the crisp, cool air. Something about scarves and hot chocolate. mmm... And although fall has arrived a little later than I expected, it has not failed me in the least. The colors, sky, air, etc. have brought joy to me every day; just another one of God's ways of showing me His glory.



Though fall is wonderful, and I praise the Lord for showing me His beauty, I can't help but think that fall means end-of-the-year. REALLY?! End-of-the-year already!? I feel like this semester has flown by. God has made many changes in my life and in my heart over the course of these past 3-ish months. Through reading and discussion with my friends (some of His solid disciples), He has taught/is teaching me to treasure His Word. To write it on my heart. To obey it, and to live it. His Word says, 

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your Word. With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments! I have stored up Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." 
-Psalm 119: 9-11

"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward." 
-Psalm 19:7-11

"If you abide in My Word, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free... Truly, Truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My Word, he will never see death." 
-John 8: 31-32, 51

"If you abide in Me and My Words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you... If you keep My commandments you will abide in My love as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." 
-John 15:7, 10

"sanctify them in the truth; Your Word is truth." 
-John 17:17

"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And in whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all the the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." 
-Colossians 3:16-17

"All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."
 -2 Timothy 3:16-17

And I know He says a lot more about keeping His Word. So that's what I am working on. And through it, I am changing. I desire to know Him more. Which has compelled me to love His Word and His people more than I have before. And in a different way. I am humbled as He changes my heart. 

On a lighter note, you see this girl in the picture below? Her name is Avery Michael Canevari. She's 12 years old, in the 7th grade and the University Lab School, and tomorrow I am taking her and 2 of her friends to the mall. I cannot even begin to describe the potential she has for the Lord. She's amazing. And, it "just so happens" that I came to know Christ when I was 13 while experiencing some of the exact same life-situations that she is facing right now. I spend 5/7 days of the week with her, and I love her more than I can say with words. I am praying for her, and will keep you faithful blog-readers updated on how the Holy Spirit works in her life. I thank God that I get to be a part of this. I pray that He would use me however He wishes. Fully, not just halfway. 


One more thing I cannot forget to mention: I have the best mom in the world! She is currently on her way back from Israel, and I cannot wait to see her/hug her/hear her voice and her stories. Also, I go to OXFORD next weekend to see my long-lost Peru teammates! mmmm.. :) mmmmmmmm. 

ok, chau for now!

1 comment: