I suppose it's appropriate to blog about the things I am thankful for on such a day as this.
When I think, "What am I thankful to God for?" some obvious things pop in my mind that are very important to me:
1. My mommy, Ruth Ann, the best mommy in the whole world. I have been so thankful to hug her whenever I want for the past day, and I look forward to spending more days with her over this break and hearing about her trip to Israel. Besides being thankful for her awesome qualities as a mom and friend, I am also thankful for her good cooking during this holiday season. :) I love you, mommy!!
2. My entire family, being awesome and sweet and funny and encouraging, etc. They are the bomb.com, and I am thankful to see the ones that are in town now, looking forward to seeing the ones that aren't here, soon. I thank God that He gave me such funny relatives. hehe
3. My beautiful roommates, Mary and Annie. Not only are they my roommates, but they are my best friends and accountability partners. I cannot express with my words how thankful I am that God has allowed me to have such incredible friendships with these amazing women, and I look forward to how He continues to grow our friendships. Thank you, my beautiful friends, for being so wonderful and encouraging all the time. I love you both.
4. My sweet friends from home, Kristy, Jess, Sara, Skylar, etc. I am so glad to have such a strong support system here in Monroe that has helped me to grow in my relationship with Christ. I am thankful that the Lord has put these women in my life to show Himself to me. Love you, chicas!
5. Jordy and our Freshman Family Group. mmm... it's good. Thank you, Lord, for teaching us.
6. W. you know. :)
7. Home. One of my favorite places on earth to be is here in my home in Monroe, sleeping with my mommy at night, and smelling the homey smells. Thank you, Lord, for a home You have provided for me to come back to.
There are also some "smaller" things that happen every day I am thankful for:
1. That the Lord is guiding me to a church in Baton Rouge. :)
2. The 6 darling children I pick up from school 5 days a week.
3. Almost an A in Spanish.
4. Homemade cinnamon rolls.
5. Seeing the stars tonight and last night.
6. The beautiful weather.
7. The heater my mom just turned on to thaw out my ice-cube-like feet. hehe
I know that being thankful for things doesn't need to just happen one day of the year. But I am thankful that there is a special day when I can get with my family and talk about the things I am thankful for. Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
But above all, I am most thankful that Jesus has made a way for me to know God. And I am forever grateful for His unending love and mercy, even though I do not deserve it. Thank you, powerful, almighty God, for Your grace. I want to walk in a manner worthy; live for You.