12.06.2009

delighting

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord. Trust in Him and He will act. 
-Psalm 37:4-5

"obedience flows best from delight."
-Landon Dowden


"The climax of God's happiness
is the delight He takes
in the echoes of His excellence
in the praises of His people."
-John Piper

I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your law is within my heart...
I have not hidden Your deliverance within my heart;
I have spoken of Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed your steadfast love and faithfulness from the congregation...
But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
may those who LOVE YOUR SALVATION say continually,
"Great is the Lord!"
As for me, I am poor and needy, 
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God!
-Psalm 40: 5, 10, 16-17


If my arms could reach around You I would never move. If my eyes could see You I'd have no faith left to prove. The wonder of invisible Love. This is how it has to be with You and me, the wonder of invisible Love. When I fall I feel Your arms before I reach the ground. Lord, I know Your whisper, though I've never heard the sound. The wonder of invisible Love. This is how it has to be with You and me, the wonder of invisible... Someday there will be no time to mind. I will be Your long-awaited bride. We will dance away the night... This is how it has to be with You and me, the wonder of invisible Love.


By this I know that You delight in me; 
my enemy will not shout in triumph over me.
But You have upheld me because of my integrity,
and set me in Your presence forever.
-Psalm 41:11-12

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, 
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers,
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on His law he meditates day and night.
-Psalm 1:1-2

1 comment:

  1. I love you and miss you!!! This is beautiful and so are you! I'm really glad your in my live! I'm so happy your my roommate and one of my best friends!
    btw i'm in love with Romans 12

    ReplyDelete