1.05.2010

bonswa, zami!

Haiti. Passe Catabois, Haiti.
That is where 7 of my friends are right now, serving the Lord by loving His people in the small, impoverished country south of Florida.



As I remember Jess, Ainsley, Becca, Brandon, Parker, Annie, and Norman in thought and prayer this week, I also thank God for having allowed me to serve in Haiti just 5 months ago -- what seems like yesterday. What an incredible journey that was. I am praying for my fellow Haiti-lovers/friends as they show Christ's love through their words and actions. I pray that the hearts of the Haitians receiving the Good News they bring will be opened to hear, see, taste it. I pray for the sick that they minister to; knowing their physical healing matters temporarily, but their spiritual need is eternal. There are so many things to remember and pray for, and I ask that you would pray, too. Now. As you are reading this... thanks.

On the subject of Haiti, today I have been particularly reminiscent of my summer missions in Peru and Haiti. (I even made lomo saltado for dinner this evening!) Like I said, I am so thankful to God that He allowed me to go, but I am also thankful for the things He taught me. Now, as new opportunities arise to GO and serve, I am praying that He would guide me and use me in a way that brings most Glory to His name. I look forward to see where He takes me in 2010.

On a different note, I was able to go visit my family in Kansas over this Christmas season, and I am certainly glad I did! I love these three beautiful little sisters of mine! Below is a picture of the 4 of us (in our jammies on Christmas morning). Thank you, Lord, for Meghan, Emily, and Hannah.


I was also able to spend some time with 4 of my very best friends over this break. :) Jess and I didn't take a picture, but I did visit with her! Mary and I talked about God for hours into the night when she came in town... it was a sweet time; I met Kristy's hilarious college-friends and remembered old-times with her; I re-lived my pre-driver's license days while staying the night at Annie's house last week. Good times with my sweet sister-friends, and I thank God for it. I am a blessed girl, indeed.


And, I have completely LOVED every minute spent with my mommy. (I have even slept in her bed with her every night! hehe.) I cannot express with words how grateful I am for having such an amazing woman as my mother. I love her, and I am enjoying all the time we have together for this break. Yes, I am coming to realize that I do look (and act) a lot like her... but I'm OK with that! (hehe)


That's all I have for now. :) Happy 2010.

1 comment:

  1. we should have taken a picture... shucks. i still love you :)

    ReplyDelete