5.27.2010

photobooth = universal

Juan José and I had a great time today taking pictures on photobooth. What child (or adult) doesn't LOVE making silly faces at a computer screen!? :) It brought much joy to my life hearing his sweet little laugh. I am falling in love with these children completely. Thank you, Lord.

This home is GREAT! I am so blessed to be a small part of this family. I am learning so much about qualities of the Lord through my experience here. He is so good, patient, and kind. Slow to anger and ABOUNDING in steadfast love. Oh, may this be true of me, too, I pray.

Please continue to pray for me and the sweet children. I will continue to update as I have time.

I want to leave you with this. My sweet friend Hayley is in Niger for the same time I am in Guatemala. So, while we are here, we have decided to read the same book together, an autobiography by Hudson Taylor. It has been such an encouragement to me over these past few days as I have been soaking it in. Just want to leave you with a quote from his book. Before this, he tells a story of an atheist man with a cold heart and extreme hate for Christians... who was also on his deathbed. He wouldn't even ENTER a church, save for his wedding. However, Hudson Taylor continually treated him in the hospital, and prayed over him for HOURS, bursting into tears, He was given the opportunity to share Christ with this man. This man was draw to the Lord by the Spirit, and He asked the Lord to save Him. And here's what Taylor said about this:

"Perhaps if there were more of that intense distress for souls that leads to tears, we should more frequently see the results we desire."

Oh, Lord, please give us this heart... this earnest desire for souls to be saved.


love you all. :)

2 comments:

  1. That chico is presh. : ) I cannot wait to hear some of your stories, and it was really good to see your face tonight. I miss you tons. And love you even more. Praying for you, sister!

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. by far one of the cutest pics to ever exist!
    I enjoy your updates! continuing to pray.I know god's using you like crazy! continue Rocking it Out chica!and loving on the beautiful people there ;) Te Amo!

    ReplyDelete