Last weekend of break was an amazing weekend! I went to New Orleans, and spent some quality time with my favorite boy in the www. :) We had so much fun!! One thing we did during our time together was COOK! We whipped up some yummy dishes. I wanted to share this one dish, because it's an easy back-to-school, all inclusive meal, for an affordable price. It's called back-to-school stir fry. We followed the recipe of the world renown chef, Mr. Beau Burton, which says to add:
- Carb of thy choice (pasta/rice)
- Meat of thy choice (chicken, shrimp, beef, etc.)
- Veggies of thy choice (all of the above)
Ours turned out YUMMY! So here's the step-by-step instructions for you to follow:
1. Get a cute boyfriend to be your chef. (This step isn't necessary, but it makes the cooking WAY more fun! :)
2. Cook your chicken.
3. Chop up your veggies. (We used onions, bell peppers, and steamed a box of teriyaki veggies.)
4. Add veggies to your wok, stirring.
5. Prepare enough rice (about the same amount you would prepare for gumbo).
6. Chop up your cooked chicken and add it to the veggies.
7. Add a sauce of your choice. (We used "Veri Veri Teriyaki," but you could also use soy sauce.)
8. Stir fry until cooked, and serve over the rice.
9. Coke is yummy on the side.
10. Have a happy tummy. :)