10.21.2013

it's been awhile...

Hello there, blogger world! I'm back again, this time as a year-and-three-month-official "Jackson." I'm going to try to avoid a total life recap, but here are some pics of the high points that have happened since the last time I posted, in picture version:


July 14, 2012 - Married my best friend, D-money (aka, Hubsby).

July 15-25, 2012 - Honeymooned in Guatemala (highly recommended!)


 August 5, 2012 - Moved our little family to Maryland.

December 2012 - Witnessed the weddings of two beautiful and sweet friends.

 February 12, 2013 - Spent my first ever Mardi Gras in school. (totally weird)

 March/April 2013 - Watched cherry blossom trees bloom right outside my window. :)

 May 16, 2013 - Supported my hubsby as he graduated from St. Mary's. YAY hubs!

 May 18, 2013 - Took my sweet sister Meghan and her cutie boyfriend Taylor to D.C. for a FULL day of pho-less fun! 

 June 14, 2013 - Finished my FIRST YEAR OF TEACHING! :) *Best day of 2013*

June 29, 2013 - Visited Mamita & Thai in Anguilla.

July 14, 2013 - Celebrated one year of marriage with this cutie pie! 

August 7, 2013 - Met our new niece, Magnolia Ruth, and played with our sweet Molly Marie!

August 10, 2013 - FINALLY MADE THIS HAPPEN! :) :) :)


Overall, 2012-2013 was an interesting, growing year. I learned a lot, and I know that this experience (new job, new marriage, new part of the country, etc.) has really been blessed by God. Looking back, I can see the many ways He provided for us during that transitional time, and I am so thankful. He's answered so many of our prayers. But I have to say, the most encouraging prayer answered that we really needed this year has been the blessing of friends. I like to consider myself a pretty social person, but making friends in a new place was really a challenge. However, after several months of prayer we've found some keepers that have so positively impacted our lives. 

Introducing our "Maryland" friends:

Meet Rebecca & Rachael. These two sweet sisters helped me make it through a rough spring, and celebrated with me throughout the summer and now into the fall. I work(ed) with both of them, but this year Rachael has moved to a nearby elementary school. I know I couldn't make it through without their love and support (and funny texts, and encouragements, etc.). THANK YOU BOTH!


Meet Jared & Jacob. These are our southern friends (from Georgia) who have shared many-a-meal with us throughout this year. They are so supportive and fun to be around, and their friendships came at just the right time. THANK YOU BOTH! 


Last but not least, meet the Parsley family. The pastor of the church we attend and his lovely family have been such a source of encouragement and southern-comfort since our first Sunday in Maryland. We love spending time talking, eating, and laughing with these folks! Also, we LOVE that Tim and Crissa share our anniversary. Thank you all for sharing your life and love with us. 

We are so thankful for these lovely people (and many others) that have helped us make a smooth transition from Louisiana to Maryland. :)



The school year for 2013-2014 has begun and is currently in full-swing. People were not kidding when they said the second year is easier (ptL!), but that doesn't stop me from counting down until EVERY SINGLE DAY OFF (only 33 more until Thanksgiving break)!  *not sharrie* 

Hope to be back on the blog again soon!

becbec

No comments:

Post a Comment