6.29.2010

the mini-calendar is coming down!

the mini-calendar...

When I was leaving for Guatemala, my mom packed in my bag many letters. The first one had pages from a mini-calendar for the months of May, June, and July, with a specially marked day on the 21st. (like I would forget it was my birthday or something... lol). BUT, when I made it to Guatemala, I taped the calendar to the back of my headboard and have been marking off each day as it comes and goes. And I can't hardly believe it, but I only have 1 more day in the month of June, and then I move out of Casa Katherina. :) Here's a pic of my headboard that was taken at the beginning of June, and then one that I just took tonight. *I had to hold back the corners of the June page because they are rolling in... lol.



Today has been a great day! I went to the home this morning, then my friend Amanda came by, and we spent some time with the younger children during the morning time. We came back to Casa Kat at 12:30 for a yummy tostada lunch and watched Spain beat Portugal while we ate. It was so great spending time with her today! We went back to the home around 2:30, helped the kids with their homework, played, and left the home right before 5:30. We went to tacontento to eat a delicious dinner, and then she treated me to gelato for dessert. (really suffering over here... lol). It was seriously a great time spent with my new sweet friend. :) I am thankful for our friendship, and I know it has been God-ordained. Thank You, Lord, for Amanda Joy.


So, I know that was a quick update, but I hope you enjoyed. Now I am going to do a little packing and get ready for bed. I can truly hardly believe that packing is beginning. Mommy will be here in less than 3 days, and I can hardly wait! :) I am also looking forward to spending more time with my beautiful friend Diana later this week! She's such a blessing to me, and I just love her so so so much.

Just 10 more days. I am praying that the Lord would lead me by His Spirit, that I would make the most of the time He's given me here. I am continually grateful to be a part of this ministry. Thank you, Lord.

more updates to come... stay tuned! hehe :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for mother-daughter time! Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe you've been there all of june!the months are just passin by!Continuing to pray for you!Hope that gelato was delectable!(we had some yummy gelato in Africa;)
    You're cute&I heart you.that is all.k bye!

    ReplyDelete