In two weeks I am going to Peru!! Excited doesn't even begin to describe my emotional state right now. hehe... I just gotta make it through finals, and the I will be off to the Andes mountains with an amazing team.
I have a few more things I still need to get for Peru:
1. Sleeping bag -- this is extremely important
2. Sunscreen/insect repellent
6. Camping towels
7. Traveling pillow
8. Second Hepatitis B vaccination
Please be praying for me as I continue to prepare for this trip. It's almost time, and I know it's going to be phenomenal. Here's what I am praying for: Colossians 4:2-6
2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
- That God would open a door for us to proclaim His message, Christ Jesus His Son.
- That we would proclaim the message clearly.
- That we will be wise in the way we act towards outsiders (Peruvians).
- That we will make the most of every opportunity.
- That we will let our conversations be full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that we may know how to answer everyone.
- And most of all, that we bring glory to our Father in heaven. (Colossians 3:17)
There's this really cool website of an amazing organization that sells mainly soccer balls as a witness to children. If you are interested in purchasing a soccer ball for me to take to Peru, please let me know. The balls are $15 each, and they are a way to share Christ with our Peruvian soccer buddies. (They can also be taken to Haiti.) Just let me know if you are interested. What a cool ministry!
Love you guys. Gotta go do homework.